Daines Family 2016

Daines Family 2016

Thursday, August 25, 2016

First Grade Here She Comes

Tuesday, August 23rd was Kenlee's back to school night. We went and met her teacher, Mrs. Knight, saw her classroom, checked out her desk and gathered information and paperwork. The two things I had been stressing were lunches and bus pick up, so once we got home I took Kenlee through her lunch menu and soon discovered how picky she was going to be. I have always known that she doesn't like "little kid foods" and this just proved my point. In a month and a half she would only like 13 school lunches..... I hope this changes a little once she actually can see what the lunches are and not just hear a weird name and make a snap judgement.



This is the first home lunch of the year.... mayo, pickle and cheese sandwich, goldfish, applesauce, skittles and juice. I hope she and I learn to make this easier and tastier.

School started the next day, August 24th. She was out of bed before I could get upstairs to her. She had picked out her outfit and was ready to go! She has to be on the bus around 8:27.



First Day of School hair do!

Waiting for the bus!

This year she is riding the bus to and from school. She made me promise to let her try it and honestly I am doing OK with it. She is on a bus that has several kids I know and I am not worried (to much.) It's also strangely empty, I am not sure they even fill half the bus. Another relief that its not crazy and full. She loves school so much and is excited to go every day! Jordyn and Tytan miss big sister but it is so sweet to watch them run to her when she gets off the bus for a big huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment