Tytan Blake Daines
May 29, 2014
12:42 pm
7 lbs 14 oz
20.5 inches
At our final doctors appointment I was actually pretty progressed. I was dilated to a 4 and at least 70% effaced. With that good news I had hope that I would go into labor all on my own. Still wanting to make sure that our little man didn't get too big considering his sisters, we scheduled me to be induced on May 27th. Unfortunately once they called up to labor and delivery to actually schedule me they were told that the schedule was incredibly full and my chances were not good at getting in that day so we rescheduled for May 29th. I really struggled with this change for many reasons, for one it was Brady's graduation and I had really hoped to at least sneak in for a part of it to support him and two because it pushed me into really wanting my little boy here and it couldn't come soon enough for my hormonal pregnant brain. I honestly debated back and forth about calling to have them move it to the 30th but I kept feeling like I wasn't supposed to do that. I still don't know why I couldn't have waited but I followed my feelings and kept the date as was, even though I wanted to be there with Brady.
Almost every day after my doctors appointment I waited and hoped for contractions to start and the rush of calling Blake from work and rushing off to the hospital to meet our baby. We tried everything we could to induce labor including long walks all over Hyde Park and many different foods that were supposed to help. With no luck, and honestly a lot of disappointment, nothing seemed to help.
Finally May 28th rolled around and knowing that I would for sure be having a baby the next day Blake and I decided that I should spend the day relaxing and reserving my energy. It was a very peaceful day spent together as a family, the final day as a family of 4. That night we left the girls with my parents and Blake told them that the next time they would see us little brother would be there. Both girls were really excited about this news and couldn't wait to meet him. Kenlee was worried at first that she wouldn't be able to come to the hospital to meet him because she hadn't been aloud to go and see Porter but once Blake explained that because she was the big sister she could come meet him Kenlee got even more excited. After we settled them in bed, Blake and I headed off to the house to do a final straightening of the house, finish packing bags and to get ready for the next day. I actually ended up sleeping better then I thought I would because of the nerves excitement.
The next morning I woke up and called labor and delivery at 5am expecting them to have me wait for hours like with Jordyn but they asked me to be there by 6:30am. I woke Blake up and gave him the information and started getting ready to head up. Once we got there and got all checked in they finally started the drip around 7:30. I had the great experience of the nurse who was in charge of me was a girl I went to high school with and so we got to catch up with each other through out the whole process and it was honestly a great distraction and helped to pass the time. Once things got started I felt like things were kind of moving slow and worried that I would be in labor for quite a while even though I had come in already 4+. Dr. Craig came around and broke my water and checked on my progress around 9:30 and as she was leaving the room told me she would love to see me around lunch time to have a baby. I laughed and told her that would be great but in my mind thought there was no way that would happen because I still didn't feel like things were moving quick. Aubree, my nurse, came to check on me not long after that and started to encourage me to think about my epidural. Because the anesthesiologist was at home it would take about a half hour to call him in and she didn't want me to suddenly have to go without one. I kept putting her off because I didn't want to be on it forever but all of a sudden the contractions started getting a lot stronger and Blake started to worry about them and that is my sign that I probably need to call for my epidural. Aubree went to call for the anesthesiologist and found out that he was actually already up at the hospital which ended up being an amazing blessing because I started to progress very quickly and if he had had to come from home I would have most likely not made it.
Once I had my epidural Blake and I continued to play Peggle and passed the time. Blake decided to step out and get his T-dap shot updated really quick so that we didn't have to worry about it later. Not to long after that a different nurse came into my room because the heart monitor was picking up that baby boy was in some sort of distress. With every contraction his heart rate would drop way down but once the contraction was over it would return to normal. They tried rotating me several times and we would think we had got things settled out but once again his heart rate would start dropping again. Once Blake got back to the room I was starting to panic. I was honestly scared for baby and didn't want anything to go wrong. They decided to put me on oxygen and everyone got ready for delivery. At this point everything moved so fast. I got super nauseous and had extreme pain in my lower back. Dr. Craig came in and after about 5 minutes of pushing Tytan was born. It was the most crazy delivery I have experienced. We found out after that the cord had been around his neck once. They got him cleaned up and checked him, everything came back healthy. Our baby boy was here and I was relieved that he was ok, he really scared me.
Through out our hospital stay we had many times when it was just Blake and I with Tytan. We soaked up this time to snuggle our sweet baby boy and remember how to juggle a newborn. Our plan was to only stay the 24 hours at the hospital. The morning after he was born I woke up with a fever and they told me they needed to monitor me for awhile and that they would not release me that day if things didn't change. Tytan had already been cleared by his doctor as long as he passed his bilrubin test so I was dissappointed that because of me we may have to stay another day. After a good walk around the hall my fever dropped and they figured it was just because I had slept deeply the night before and they could release me.
We headed home and my mom brought the girls to the house so we could start settling in to our new adventure with three kids. Kenlee was absolutely thrilled with being able to hold her baby brother. She would have held him forever. Jordyn held him in very short little spurts but did want to check on him all the time.
I am so grateful that my sweet little boy is here and I am soaking up every moment with him that I can. My kids mean everything to me and I am so amazed at all three of these sweet little spirits and all that they bring to our family. We are truly blessed!

Oh, Breanna!!! This post makes me so happy. You are beautiful, and so is your darling family. I'm so glad everything went well with Tytan. I hope you are doing well and keeping up alright with three darling kiddos! I want to be as wonderful of a mommy as you are someday. Love and miss you so much! :-)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your sweet little guy! He is totally baby Blake :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a handsome little man! I love all of his hair!! I love your birth story, so happy for you and your darling little family!
ReplyDelete