Daines Family 2016

Daines Family 2016

Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentines Day 2014

This years Valentines Day was very different for us.  We have been lucky enough that for the last 6 years Blake and I have been able to spend the evening together. This is very lucky considering his schedule with work and school but we have loved it.  Usually we spend the evening at home with Blake cooking a yummy dinner for us girls and then enjoying some family time.  This year however ended up being the first year that this didn't happen.  Not only did Blake have to close at work he also spent his entire day up at the university with classes and homework.  So to try to keep my hormonal mind off of the fact that this was the first year I won't see him for Valentines Day the girls and I tried to keep ourselves busy all day long.

The morning started out with getting Kenlee ready for her first Valentines Day party at preschool. She doesn't usually go to Friday preschool but because of a school break the week before and her sweet preschool teacher Kenlee was able to go to the party.  I spent the night before trying to come up with a simple but good treat for her to hand out in class (nothing like procrastinating until the last possible moment and making your hubby bring home the supplies from work).  I finally found this cute little cut out to glue to a kool-aid packet.  Kenlee LOVED that her smart daddy brought home pink and red packets of kool-aid.  It was a hit!  


Instead of making us all do our own Valentines boxes this year, part of Kenlee's preschool activities was to make this cute little treat bag to bring all her friend gifts home in.


Even with Blake not being able to be with us on Valentines Day it did not stop him from spoiling his girls. When he came home Thursday night from closing at work he came baring three flower arrangements for us.  When Kenlee found them the next morning she came running into my room yelling that I needed to come see what was in the living room, she was super excited about what daddy had done. Both the girls were pretty excited about the cute little teddy bears that came with their flowers.
Mommy's Flowers

The Girlies Flowers

After preschool, Jordyn and I picked up Kenlee and headed into Logan to have lunch at McDonalds. They had a great time looking at their cool lego cups that came in their kids meals and people watching.  When we were through there we headed to Papa Murphy's to pick up the heart pizza that we would cook for dinner.  Kenlee was really excited that they could turn a pizza into a heart. Once we got back home we went through Kenlee's backpack so she could tell us about her exciting party at school.  She showed us all her goodies in her bag and then the sweet little crafts she had done.  The heart hand prints were my gift from her.  I love it!


The evening was spent watching a movie and eating our heart shaped pizza.  I am embarrassed to say that the three of us girls ate the entire pizza all by ourselves. It was really fun to spend the day just playing with my girls and enjoying their silly little giggles.


No comments:

Post a Comment