Well we are all most down to the single digit count down, yep only 12 weeks left til Baby Girl Daines should be here. The last week and a half I have started to feel really big. I had my appointment yesterday and she is a really healthy and happy baby. I am now measuring at 31 weeks but my doctor laughed and said it was probably because she had her foot shoved into my rib and stretching things so we shall see what I measure next time. I was supposed start the two week rotations for appointments but that would put me right in the middle of the holidays so she said where she was such a healthy baby and there were no worries that we would do one more four week.
This pregnancy has been really different in a lot of ways, one obvious thing is that fact that I haven't been sick this time. But another one is that this little girl is a lot different in her movements too. Kenlee was always punching and kicking me and so I felt a lot of sharp hits. This one has been more about rolling and pushing so that I just get weird bumps but very little pain.
Also in preparation for babies arrival we have started the lovely task of potty training Kenlee. I wasn't sure I really wanted to push the issue during the holidays with all the ins and outs of parties and family time but her interest peeked again and I wasn't going to miss another opportunity. She did really well for a couple of days and only had two accidents on Sunday and that included the fact that I felt silly going into nursery to ask her if she needed to go potty. So that one was my fault. Then all of a sudden Monday she lost total interest. I tried and tried all day with her and she would not cooperate at all. Tuesday and Wednesday was about the same and I was about ready to through in the towel till January when I decided to try one last tactic. We went straight to panties, she wasn't aloud to wear diapers or pull-ups, which meant spending all our time in the kitchen so that we didn't have to clean carpets. Thursday afternoon it clicked, she has fallen in love with some puppy panties and now she goes all the time. We haven't had an accident (minus night time which I will deal with after we get good at day) since 4:30 yesterday. I am so proud of her, I have even given up the kitchen restriction. I hope things keep going well and that we can get her potty trained in the next few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment