Daines Family 2016

Daines Family 2016

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Family Camp 2015

This years camp was wonderful, exhausting, busy and packed with fun!  I would probably have to count this as one of my more favorite years of camping.  My three kiddos had a fantastic time and got to enjoy so many adventures. To mix things up we ended up camping in Paris canyon.

Wednesday evening on our way up to the campsite poor Kenlee got car sick.  It was hot and bouncy and she is her mother's daughter and has very little warning before she throws up.  We were seriously 2 minutes from the site. Luckily she mostly got my plastic car mat and her travel pillow (which I made and decided to just throw out and make another later.)  After a brief clean up we finally arrived and quickly set up our tent before we lost the sun light.  For dinner we had very delicious hobo dinners. Karlee turned us on to sausage in our dinners and it was fantastic!

Through out the next few days we enjoyed many activities like huckleberry picking, hiking the Paris ice caves, repelling and lots of swimming in the dirt.  Kenlee was a natural mountain goat when it came to climbing all the rocks around the ice caves.  She gave Blake such bad anxiety with her free spirit climbing. Jordyn loved her huckleberry picking. She picked with her bestie Cheryl. Jordyn insists that Cheryl and her are going to Disneyland together and that Cheryl will bring her little dog too.  That girl is always making us smile and laugh. Tytan was fondly nicknamed Pigpen because of his constant dirt cloud.  That tiny boy was always swimming in the powdery dirt! He was so busy and kept us running.  He also really enjoyed huckleberry picking, he quickly learned which were the good berries and happily picked and ate as much as daddy would allow.  

I got to repel for the first time and loved it! I could really get into it if I had some free time. I am so grateful that my dad takes the time to share his interests with me.  Most of our nights were very restless. I slept on the air mattress with all three kids most of the time. We will find other arrangements next year. But other then that we really had a great time. 

She monkey climbed everything.

Tough Mountain Man

Oh I am intimidated!
Cousins playing in some great dirt!








I think she never left the Ice Caves without a soaking wet bum!

This sweet boy only stopped to nap if we walked him in his stroller. 







Preparing to repel







Kenlee has a special place in her heart for this cute dog. 









No comments:

Post a Comment