Daines Family 2016

Daines Family 2016

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

4th of July

This year for the fourth of July weekend we spent our time doing all our favorite family traditions.  We started out on the third going to the Johnson's house to watch the Logan fireworks and have a BBQ with the Olsons.  Thanks to Blake's more flexible work schedule he was able to be with us for the fireworks and BBQ.  It is so nice to actually be able to have more quality time with Daddy.

On the fourth Blake had to take his turn working the holiday so the kiddos and I headed up to Bear Lake to the Paris parade.  This was Tytan's first big trip and considering his true hatred for his car seat I was super nervous.  Luckily Karlee and Colton were sweet enough to drive up with me and help out with my kids.  I would have turned around and gone home if I had not had Colton sitting in the backseat trying to soothe the screaming hulk that took over Tytan's car seat. Once we got to the parade he finally calmed down and snuggled with Aunt Laretta while I helped the girls watch the parade.  Kenlee was a little timid but soon started picking up the candy and enjoying herself.  Jordyn on the other hand hated almost the entire parade.  If she wasn't scared of the sirens then she was screaming about the life size characters walking down the street. Needless to say, she is not a fan.

After the parade we enjoyed a tasty BBQ back at Laretta's house and then spent hours with the kiddos playing around us as the adults enjoyed catching up with each other. Karlee and Colton headed back to Cache Valley with Tiffany so that they could attend some events with Colton's family so I was on my own for the trip back.  We ended up leaving just before 10 so I dressed all three in their pj's and crossed my fingers that we would have a nice silent trip home with sleeping kids.  Luckily the stars aligned and even my Kenlee fell asleep on the way home.  We had a small melt down just as we left Preston because a poor kinked Jordyn woke up when I tried to call Blake to check in.  The melt down was short lived and not to long after everyone was asleep again and stayed that way til we pulled into the garage.  

It was a great holiday weekend and I am so grateful for the memories that we made together as a family and loved spending time with those we love.








No comments:

Post a Comment