The last few weeks have gotten away from me and I am behind in our family updates. We celebrated Kenlee Jean's 4th birthday on August 26th. This year was especially fun because she was anticipating her birthday for several months and each time she asked about her birthday the excitement would build more and more.
The Sunday before her birthday we had a little celebration with Grandma and Grandpa Daines & Auntie April. Spoiled little cutie got two birthday parties. Auntie April got her another beautiful Jim Shore figurine of Minnie Mouse and when we got home that evening Kenlee picked a very special place on her shelf for it. She said it was so she could keep an eye on her, make sure she wasn't getting into trouble. Not sure what trouble she was expecting Minnie to get into but it was so funny.
The next morning (her actual birthday) we started out the morning by getting her all dressed up in special birthday clothes. She still fit in her birthday shirt from last year and we did her special birthday twisted braid hair (we only do this style on special occasions because it takes a long time to twist all the little braids in). For lunch I took her to Wendy's which she loves and spoiled her with chicken nuggets and a frosty. Blake actually started back to school on her birthday so we had to plan around his evening class in Brigham which meant we had a late dinner at Gammie and Poppies house that evening. Trying to keep an excited 4 year old happy while waiting for the party to start was no easy task but I think she stayed pretty entertained.
I asked Kenlee what she wanted for dinner on her birthday fully expecting her to say white pasta aka alfredo pasta but she surprised me with pancakes. Oddly enough I was intimidated by this meal choice because I rarely cook breakfast let alone cook/time breakfast foods for 13 people. But the meal went well and I think everyone enjoyed it (or at least humored me). As soon as Kenlee was done eating she begged us to open gifts. Then we gathered back to the table to do cake and ice cream.
Gammie made her a pink sparkling bear cake which she LOVED!
This year she wanted a Lalaloopsy cake with Jewels on it, to me this cake turned out sloppy but I worked so hard on it and to a 4 year old it was still amazing.
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!!!
Today we took her in to her well check to see how she was doing. This year was the first year she had to do the vision test and she past which was a relief, I didn't even worry about it until she started doing the test and then my mommy brain started over thinking things. This visit was the first time she let them do everything with out much fuss, she still wanted me hold her hand but I can handle that. She is defiantly growing up.
4 Year Old Stats:
Weight: 36.8lbs 50%
Height: 41 1/2ins 90%





No comments:
Post a Comment