This last weekend we were invited up to the Thompson's cabin at Bear Lake. They have a beautiful cabin right by the lake. The girlies and I headed up Friday afternoon, following Karlee and Colton so I would not get lost. Blake of course had to work both Friday night til close and Saturday morning so we had to leave him home. I can not wait til I no longer have to leave him behind....someday right? I was very nervous about driving Logan canyon but thanks to our new Kia the drive was pretty smooth other then a crazy blonde chick in a dented Toyota corolla sport addition. Enough said?
We got there and took a tour of the cabin. Both girlies LOVED the window beds. Our next adventure was to head to an awesome park near their cabin and let the girls play. The playground equipment was not your standard issue park, I wish I had remembered my camera because Kenlee got to climb a rope web and she was like a little monkey. We walked down the boardwalk to see the lake and throw some rocks. Jordyn was very upset when we tried to leave and she ended up armpit deep in the lake which set on a whole different panic for her.
The rest of our family came up not to long after we got back from the Park and we got some Bear Lake pizza. Later they went to drop the boat into the lake and Karlee offered to take Kenlee with her so we dressed Kenlee in her swimsuit and they were off. Eventually they came back and I could her Kenlee yelling something at me. When I finally heard her, she was telling me she was super muddy from walking back from the boat and she was SO HAPPY about it! What a girl! Once everyone was cleaned up we spent our evening visiting on the porch and getting a kick out of the bugs hitting a bug zapper (promise it was amazing how many bugs must have been hitting it). Kenlee and I took the window beds up stairs while Jordyn used her pack-in-play inbetween us. Kenlee could hardly fall asleep she was so excited. She called me over several times to tell me she could see out the window and to show me the stars.
The next morning we had some breakfast and then a group of us headed down to the boat. It was overcast and windy but we hoped things would warm up.
She was excited and nervous about her adventure on the boat, I am not positive but I think this was her first boat outing that she actually got to ride on the boat and not just hang out on the beach with Gammie or Mommy.
Kenlee was super happy and sang the whole trip across the lake....
Jordyn and I trying to stay warm as we went.....
Some of the crew....
Poppi showing Jordyn the water.....
Sleepy baby, but she refused to give in yet....
Love this silly crazy little monkey....
It was Clint's birthday and for his morning gift he got a new wakeboard. The birthday boy was the first one out and got to try out his awesome board. He did so good!
Kenlee got on the boat insisting that she wanted to knee board but when we told her it was her turn she panicked so Uncle Brady showed her how easy it was.
Then we headed into shallow water so Colton could help her. Aunt Karlee warmed her up so that she could be comfortable to start out in the water.
Wind blown....
Then Colton helped her on the board in the water....
And she was off....
Holding on and leaving Colton behind....
she did SO good....
I am so proud of her, my nervous 3 year old riding on a knee board...
She road for a pretty good while.....
Then she tipped off and Karlee and I panicked because she was freaking out so the pictures ended there. She didn't let go of the rope so I kept yelling at her to let go of the rope while Karlee hurried and jumped in to get her. Kenlee had never really been in water with a life jacket by herself before and she didn't understand that she wasn't going to go under the water. When she first got back in the boat she told us she didn't love doing that but once she calmed down and warmed up she decided that it was pretty cool that she had done that.
By this time Jordyn had started getting really fussy because of the cold and because she had woken up that morning at 6:00 when her normal wake up time is 8:30 or 9:00 so Wes made her a little bed under the dash and behind a seat and she fell asleep by the time he was done skiing. She slept in her little cocoon for most of the rest of our trip...
Cute Girl!
When we got back to the cabin we got dressed in normal clothes and did a craft project. We made paracoard bracelets. They turned out super cute. Even Jordyn pie has a little one. Kenlee had to have two, a pink one and a blue one that would match her Daddy's. She is a Daddy's girl which is so cute! Then we tried to go back to the park but it was super cold and rained on us so we eventually made it back to the cabin and warmed up. After an awesome birthday dinner of pulled pork, the girls and I packed up and headed home to see Daddy. Tiffany had come up without Brock, who had to also work, so she came home with us too. We had an awesome time at the cabin and hope to go back again. Thanks Wes and Michelle for a great party and all your hospitality.
It was so fun! Love the pics! I've been without a computer since then but will try and get my pics up next week. So glad you and the girls could come!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had fun. Karlee cute her hair. It is cute. Great pictures Breanna.
ReplyDeleteBrandee Wells