This last week has been an amazing blur of memories, family, friends and parties. We started out with a trip to Salt Lake on Thursday... then I spent Friday and Saturday finish up Christmas projects and shopping that had been procrastinated... oops! Because of my procrastination we stayed up til 2:30 Sunday morning warping gifts. Then Sunday was our traditional Eve of the Eve of Christmas party. We all gathered at my moms house (except Karlton who were celebrating in Hawaii but we know they were there in spirit) and ate homemade pizza and then watch two movies, The Muppet Christmas Carol & Brave, then we all slept "under" the Christmas tree. Because of large amount of people we have had to move the actual sleeping to the basement but we still consider this under the tree since the living room with the tree in it is right above part of the family room.
Our sweet girls in their Grandma jammies and ready to party.....
Kenlee was so excited and couldn't hold still all night!
I spent most of Christmas Eve hanging out at my parents house and hoping the snow storm would blow over so that I won't have to drive in it. Sadly the storm only got worse and I could barely make it home in my little Mirage. After Blake and I had spent an hour digging out our driveway we headed over to the Daines to have dinner. We had a wonderful dinner of soup and cinnamon rolls and then opened our gifts from them. After a great evening we headed home to open our pjs and get the girls down to sleep. Kenlee helped set out a treat for Santa and scooted of the sleep. Luckily both girls were sound asleep in 20 minutes and we were able to get things ready for Christmas and settle in ourselves.
Kenlee and Jordyn let us sleep in to about 9:30 and then our morning was in full swing... Kenlee was a little timid at first.... like she had been told it wasn't aloud for weeks and didn't want to get in trouble.... but after we persuaded her that it was ok she was SO EXCITED!! We spent the morning opening and playing with Santa gifts. Kenlee received the Cinderalla lego set that she had asked Santa for and Jordyn got the Jumperoo that mommy had asked for her :)
Santa brought Blake batman cuff links and a pineapple and I got an amazing giraffe print purse that I have wanted for a long time.
After we were done with gifts we all got ready for the day and headed over to my parents house for the evening. We had a traditional Christmas dinner and it was amazing. After dinner we opened even more gifts (yes my girls are very spoiled.... those pictures did not include the stuff from my family). I was so wrapped up in helping my girls with their gifts I forgot to pull out my camera.... I am hoping my mom or sister has some pictures for me. After gifts Tiffany and Brock headed off to yet another party (they had already been to several) and so we hung out with my parents and the boys for a while. The girls were both super tired from our holiday fun and fighting colds so we got them ready for bed. These are the Christmas jammies.......
No comments:
Post a Comment