Daines Family 2016

Daines Family 2016

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Our Wicked-ly Awesome Anniversary Trip

As most of you know Jordyn was due on Blake and I's 4th Anniversary.  Luckily we were able to convince her to come early.  But due to this Blake and I opted to postpone our usually trip for obvious reasons. For Christmas, Blake's sister April gave us tickets to Wicked!  I know, she is AWESOME!  We decided to make it into our anniversary trip.  We packed up the girls Thursday morning and took them to Grandma and Poppi's house where they would spend the night.  Then Blake and I headed to Centerville to see the new Batman movie in IMAX.  We got there a little early and because the seats are reserved, we were able to sit in there food court and eat a quick lunch of quesadillas and sweet potato fries.  YUMMY!   This was my first IMAX experience and it was so wonderful. You can literally feel the sound.  AWESOME!!

After the movie we headed to the new City Creek Mall in Salt Lake.  We had decided that we would not buy gifts for each other this year but instead shop together.  I will confess that I was incredibly intimidated by the experience.  The stores there are very fancy and expensive.  We wandered for hours and hardly dare touch a thing.  We did finally find a cool 49ers hat for Blake (which we have to order online because they didn't have it in the store) and a FABULOUS sweater/jacket for me.  I also loved the Disney store and of course brought home souvenirs for the girls.  

Once we were done at the mall we headed to Denny's for dinner.  This is kind of a inside joke/funny reminder of our honeymoon.  The only place to eat with in walking distance of our hotel was a Denny's so we ate there A LOT on our honeymoon.  We hadn't been back to one since til last week.  After we were done eating we had to find a place to change into our dress clothes for Wicked.  We kind of ran out of time and honestly couldn't think of many options so we changed in the Denny's restrooms.  Oh the memories!  

The grand adventure of the evening was WICKED!  It was amazing!! I am so glad that we had the opportunity to go and experience such and amazing show.
       

A few shots of us at the Capital Theater.


After the show we slowly made our way home.  While on our way we saw a sign for a Village Inn and stopped off for some pie and water (we were so dehydrated).  Then when we finally made it back to Logan (at around 1 am) we went into Walmart to get a bottle of sparkling cider ( another tradition for our anniversary). We had such an amazing day full of memories and it was a much needed break from the world to spend sometime with my amazing husband.  Thank you Blake, its been an awesome 4 1/2 years.  You are truly amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! You should have called me...I have a bathroom and a bedroom you could have changed in! I can't believe you've been married 4 years! You guys are old.

    ReplyDelete