This year Blake had a full birthday week. It started the Thursday before his birthday. We went bowling at Logan Lanes. Blake had one of his best games ever, he scored a 155. Kenlee cheered us on. Then we took Kenlee to the mall so she could play in the soft play area. She had a blast playing peek-a-boo through the giant fake soda cup. That night we meet Mitch and Hannah at Texas Roadhouse and had his big birthday dinner. We had a great time, Blake got his steak that he loves and I had a burger. He threatened all of us not to tell the waitress it was his birthday. I wanted to but I knew he would only get me back for my birthday. On the way home, even though we were stuffed, Blake wanted to stop at Subzero for ice cream. What a full day, and it was only the beginning.
Saturday, the 5th of February, was his actual birthday. He had to work during the day because it was the day before the super bowl and it was busy. So Kenlee and I spent the day getting ready for his party. His request for dinner was a homemade lasagna. I was nervous it wouldn't turn out but it was actually way better then I expected. After we had dinner, we had Blake's family come over for cake and icecream. I made him a raspberry cheesecake.

The Cake!

My family decorated our entry way for his birthday. It was way cute!
Sunday was the Super Bowl and so we all gathered at the Daines. Mitch had planned a party for us this year. The food was amazing! Steak, chips, dips, soda and the best part........STICKY FINGERS from Wingers! The game was fun too but unfortunately my team lost :(

Mommy's little Steelers fan!

Our super bowl crew!
The Thursday after his birthday was my family's party for him. Mom and Tiffany made him a red velvet cake and for dinner we had cordon bleu pasta. It was yummy. My family did themed gifts this year. The theme was "KING OF THE GRILL." He got all his grilling necessities.

I love the chef hat!
All in all I think he had a pretty sweet birthday. Thanks to all our family!
I think I want to come to one of Mitch's Super Bowl parties:) Also you cheesecake looks amazing!
ReplyDelete