I know that I am really late posting about Christmas but I didn't really get a lot of pictures so I wasn't sure how to do it and then had almost decided to not but I would eventually like to print a book of our blog and didn't want this post missing from it so here it is.
This year our Christmas fun started the Thursday before Christmas. My family always gets together the eve before the eve of Christmas to sleep under the Christmas tree as a family. Unfortunately Kenlee got sick that afternoon and was running a fever over 102 degrees. She wasn't showing any other symptoms so we decided we would go over and see how things went. We made homemade pizza and had a very fun evening. This year we all slept downstairs so that we would not feel like sardines in a can. Kenlee did really well considering how crummy she felt. She only woke up twice and one of them was because Karlee's radio alarm scared her. We thought that she had finally broke her fever when we all got up Friday morning so we went on to more fun plans.
Friday night was with the Daines family. We went over and had dinner with the family. I made a pie to take over for dinner because I wanted to practice making pie crust. It turned out really good. Kenlee had started running a fever again and was pretty miserable. We were waiting to have the Batts come home so we could open the family gifts so we just let her sleep on my lap and watched A Muppet Christmas Carol. The Batts came home and we all opened our fun family gifts. After that we took our sick baby home and tried to finish up some traditions. We all opened our Christmas pj's and then put out a plate for Santa. Kenlee was done after that and we put her to bed in hopes she would feel better for Christmas.

Santa's Milk and Cookies
When we woke up Christmas morning Kenlee was still running a fever so we didn't take many pictures of everything but here is some of what it looked like.

Kenlee's Santa Gifts

Our Poor Sick Kenlee
We just took things slowly and let her nap when she needed to and she was a trooper. She still got excited to rip off the wrapping paper and loved playing with her toys. We still had a good Christmas even with her sick.
The Monday after Christmas was the Seamons Christmas party. We had such a great time. This year Blake's cousin Drew was in charge of games and he did some of the games off of "Minute to Win It." It was so so fun! Also Blake's Aunt Kathy and Aunt Debbie made the cutest little denim purses for all the little girls. Kenlee loves to carry hers around and put the little play jewelry on.

Kenlee playing in Kathy's amazing toy room. She loved it as long as there were no other children around.
For New Years we went up to Idaho to visit with all of my family. I love getting together and playing games and eating great food. We had soup and rolls, it was so good! After we had eaten we went and played some card games to let our food settle. After we could all move again we had our traditional volleyball game. Blake played while I watched Kenlee because I am not coordinated enough to play. :)

Blake playing Volleyball
We had such a great holiday season and were so blessed to be able to spend the time together with our families.
No comments:
Post a Comment