Daines Family 2016

Daines Family 2016

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Camden Rogers Daines

Introducing Camden Rogers Daines
8lbs 8ozs
21 inches
We chose to be induced on November 28th since I definitely wasn't really progressing myself. Baby and I were both very uncomfortable and out of space. For a few weeks I honestly was hoping I would get bigger and give baby and I more breathing room but no such luck. By the time the 28th rolled around we were both ready! Blake and I dropped the kids off the night before with my parents and we were able to head right up to the hospital when they were ready for me at 6:30. With new policies I was hooked up and ready to go within about a half hour. It was awesome. After a while I decided to get my epidural mostly because my tale bone was throbbing. It was also good because last time I almost waited too long and I was afraid of missing my window. Hilariously the anesthesiologist thanked me for being skinny. I laughed for the rest of my delivery. I didn't feel small but I will take it. Our labor and delivery nurse was a veteran for sure. She had been involved in thousands of deliveries and so it was such a blessing. After the epidural I started feeling like a elephant was sitting on my chest. Normally the nurses would put me on oxygen (which makes me sick) but she realized I was not sitting up enough and my diaphragm was being numbed. After about 10 minutes the symptoms started to lessen. Also, every time I am almost fully dilated I get super nauseous and she offered me some meds that stopped me from throwing up. I will be forever grateful for her knowledge that led to a pretty comfortable delivery.

We were in a race with another of our doctors patients who had also been induced to see who would deliver first. We were both progressing at the same rate and luckily I won, but just barely. We were so excited to see what gender our baby was and it was literally like a Christmas morning anticipation. I was 90% sure that it was a girl and was shocked when they announced he was a boy! I had to keep checking that he was really a boy because I had been so sure. Another shocker was we had our first bald baby! We are so used to at least an inch of hair or more that it was funny to actually see the gaps in his skull.

He was perfect. Scored perfect scores on all his tests. A mother was training her daughter as a NICU nurse and kept telling her to take notes on this perfect baby because she would never see one again. It was so fun! From the moment he was born the boy was determined to suck on something. He would noisily suck on his fist until a nurse decided to bring him a binkie!










All four kids together. Everyone loved him so much! Even Tytan was surprisingly in love with him. I was so nervous because he had insisted that he would be the only boy. Karlee and Nathan talked fast and he thinks having a super hero buddy will be awesome!

Miss Jordyn barely would let him out of her sights.






Mom came to stay with me on the 29th while Blake took a break and took the kids to lunch at Wendy's.

All dressed up to head home. Handsome little man.






I had to catch a picture of my men in their Letterman jackets. Loved it!

I am so glad that our little man is here safe and sound and I can't wait to see what dynamic he brings to our little family. We are even numbers now and I am sure he will bring balance to the force.

No comments:

Post a Comment