Daines Family 2016

Daines Family 2016

Thursday, November 5, 2015

A Frozen Hallowen

Halloween is always a family favorite around here.  We usually have the next years costumes planned out before this years happens (yes I think I already know next years again.)  We love to party any chance we can and do anything holiday related! I usually get holiday tee shirts for the kiddos but this year when we went to get them there were none in Jordyn's size so I went to plan B.  I bought Tytan a shirt and then made the girls skirts with material I had at home.  They turned out SO cute and I really think I will keep doing this.  I love an excuse to use my sewing machine. 

The first day wearing their skirts....sadly Tytan pooped out on his shirt before a picture. He really had it out for that shirt. 2 out of the 3 times we put it on him he pooped out. Stinker!
 One Sunday after church we did a spontaneous pumpkin painting at Gammie and Poppies house.  The girls loved every moment of it and since we had plenty of mini pumpkins they painted to their hearts content.  Tytan really struggled with not eating the paint. We accidentally forgot a binkie so we couldn't even distract him like normal. This made it very tough on the boy, he cried most of the time he painted and only last a short time. Some of the girls favorite paintings were pinkie (Jordyn), pumpkin Jordyn (Kenlee), and bestie Olivia pumpkin (Kenlee).




We also spent an evening over at Gammie and Poppies house carving pumpkins with all our family. There was a sad moment where a pumpkin tipped off the table and cracked in half. Luckily, since my parents garden had grown a lot of wonderful pumpkins, we decided to take Karlee Hulk pictures instead of moron its loss.



 Kenlee was absolutely delighted to be involved with her pumpkin, gutting and carving. She worked very hard at cleaning the guts out all by herself, I think she finally let dad do the final scraping.  She helped Dad carve her pumpkin (mostly supervising) and it turned out amazing.  She picked Hello Kitty dressed as a witch. So fun!

Jordyn was definitely don't going to do any messy work.  She didn't touch the guts, she stood by me as I gutted it and carved it.  She then took a wet rag and cleaned the pumpkin (inside and out). Oh my, she needs to learn its ok to have messy hands. She picked a Mickey Mouse head to have carved in her pumpkin and I was so excited how it turned out! She was so thrilled when it was done!

Tytan didn't mind digging in to the pumpkin but got bored with watching and eventually got down and played with cousin Porter. He was very excited about his pumpkin. Daddy helped him carve a toad head (from Mario). By its self it was hard to tell what it was but when you lite it it was so cute!




Isn't Livi the cutest photo bomber?!?




Jordyn's preschool did a field trip to the North Logan Pumpkin walk this year and so the other two kiddos and I tagged along. We always look forward to seeing all the amazing scenes and looking for the look and find item. This years was a carrot that Buggs Bunny hide in all the scenes.  Kenlee had gone with her class the day before so she was my carrot finder.  Jordyn was not feeling photogenic with all her class around (this is very normal lately, some phase she is going through) and Tytan was bundled in his stroller so Kenlee was the only one in most of our pictures.  The following Tuesday we took Daddy back to see it before it was over.  This time Jordyn participated with pictures better and it was pretty empty so it was easier to swing Tytan in for a picture.

Studio C: Lobster Bisque!
Calvin and Hobbes for Uncle Brady
Inside Out for Kenzie
Sweet little Princess
Olivia for Olivia
Kenlee was thrilled with the Looney Tunes Scene
We even found Taz for our Little Taz
We finally got a picture of all three of their Halloween outfits. My Adorable Cuties!
This is Jordyn's pumpkin that she made at preschool, his name was Purple Pumpkin.
My Kiddos at the pumpkin walk entrance
Hotel Transylvania 2 
Hey Mom!
Our little family with Studio C
Kenlee sure loves Jessie so it was great to dress her up like Jessie
Our Little Mermaid
Kenlee and Tweetie 
Kenlee with the Jessie carved pumpkin
She will grant you three wishes
 This years costumes were themed (for the kids).  Grandma Daines had made these beautiful Elsa and Anna dresses for the girls for Christmas so it was decided in December that we were going with a Frozen theme. Tytan got to be Olaf. The first time we dressed him up he HATED the stick hands and was constantly trying to rip them off but by Halloween he loved his costume.  He really does love Olaf and points out anything Olaf he sees so this costume was perfect for him.

For our dress rehearsal we took the kids to my parents/Karltonia's ward Halloween carnival since we would miss ours on Karlee's birthday.  All three kids were intimidated by the crowd but did enjoy moments.  Kenlee had her cute cheek painted with a black cat. All three did the fishing pond and Kenlee did the bucket toss twice (mostly because her first round she didn't get it in, they still gave her a treat but she wanted to actually get a bean bag in the bucket so she went back and did it!)  

I melt for this tiny snowman!
She was so pleased!
The Olivia family! Aren't they perfect?!?
 We were luck to get our kiddos healthy enough to get to enjoy Halloween. Thursday night they all came down with a stomach bug and I just prayed they would be able to do Halloween. They were all looking forward to trick or treating.  Luckily by Friday morning the girls were doing better. Jordyn missed her school Halloween party, which was a bummer, but her sweet friend made her get well cards and Miss Nicole gave them to Jordyn when we trick or treated at her house.  Kenlee was doing well enough that she chose to go to school Friday. I forgot it was an early/short schedule day so we had to rush her into her costume but she made the bus and had a great day. Poor Tytan struggled because he was afraid of food but he was holding in there.

Saturday morning we just rested our healing bodies and then slowly got ready to go to the Lee's Trick or Treating.  When we showed up the line was out the door and down the front of the building and shops. It was the busiest I had ever seen. We stood in line for about a half hour to get into the store but Daddy came and found us so we chatted.  After we had made our rounds we went home to rest some more. Tytan went down for is third nap (poor boy was obviously struggling) and the girls watch Frozen (appropriate right?!?) while eating a few treats (I was still nerves about their tummies so I didn't let them go crazy like I normally would have)

When Daddy got off work we first went to Smithfield to a lady's house in my parents ward that makes homemade donuts. They were AMAZING!! After the donuts we did a little trick or treating a few houses down and saw some cute doggies dressed up as Woody and a bumble bee. They girls agreed they were cute but then discussed in the car why you should never dress up a dog. I laughed so hard! We finished our visit in Smithfield by stopping by the Thompson home. We love to see Wes and Michelle. They always have fabulous costumes! Gammie and Poppy were in St. George with the band again this year so we headed to Hyde Park and took the kids to a few of their friends houses and to see Miss Nicole. Then we finished our evening off at Grandma and Papa Daines. They had a new car track that has flashing cars and the kids had a ball!  All three kids were tickled chasing down the cars when they jumped the track and Miss Kenlee even added to the track with her own design.






Because of our bout of a stomach bug Blake and I had to make costumes out of what we already had.  I wasn't very creative but at least I dressed up. I was a Steelers football player. I am proud of Blake's costume, he was #throwbackthursday.  He dressed up just like he would his senior year of high school, Letterman jacket, state soccer ring and even shaved his chin. It was the best homemade costume!


We had a great Halloween and love that we are in the holiday season!  Can't wait for Thanksgiving now!

No comments:

Post a Comment