A month or so ago, assuming I knew my girls picks for Halloween costumes, I found an amazing deal on a set of Anna and Elsa dresses. Thinking I had found the answer I asked the girls what they wanted to be for Halloween just to be safe. To my surprise they chose totally different directions. Kenlee decided she would like to be UniKitty off of The Lego Movie. This sounded fun but I was honestly nervous if I could pull of putting the costume together. Jordyn first said she wanted to be Pink. Eventually this evolved into wanting to be Pinkalious which is a character from one of her favorite books. This I knew would be a super easy and fun costume. I loved how they both turned out and was so grateful that they stood out in the crowd of Anna's and Elsa's.
Before Tytan was born, Blake and I went shopping and found a little Batman onesie that had a cap and decide that was little man's costume. He looked totally awesome and I loved doing a boy costume this year. So loving this little boy add in.
Last minute Blake decided he wanted to dress up as a Mummy for work (or as Jordyn calls it Mumma.) For a night before costume I think we pulled it off and he had a great time with it too.
Halloween morning started with Kenlee heading off to preschool to her Halloween Party. She had a great time but would only tell me that they had a sugar cookie. She did however tell me all about the other kids costumes and how cool they looked. After a quick lunch and a much needed nap time (Jordyn was feeling emotional..... I know strange) we all got completely dressed in our costumes and met Tiffany at Lee's to do their Halloween Walk. Daddy had left for work before Jordyn woke up so when we found him at work she freaked out. She would not look at him, talk to him or even get close to him. No matter how much we tried to explain to her that it was Daddy she would not budge. We wandered through the stations and gathered tasty treats. Then once we were back at the service desk Jeana decided she wanted a family picture of us so we tried to gather. Jordyn panicked and would not come over. I finally picked her up and let her scream for the picture. I promise we put the Mumma on the other side of the group and she still freaked out.
After Jordyn's melt down we decided that we needed to unmummify Daddy or Jordyn would not be letting him help with Trick or Treating. We hurried home and unraveled him. Once he was done Jordyn started laughing and saying "that's not a mumma that's my Daddy" over and over again, cracking herself up. Funny girl. Tiffany came trick or treating around our ward with us and then headed to a family party. We did a good little loop and then once it got chilly we headed back home to quickly feed Tytan and gather in the van to visit a few houses in Smithfield. Gammie and Poppi were in St. George with the band so we didn't get to go visit but we will hopefully be doing a late party. Once we picked up Aunt Karlee and made a few other stops we had to head home to wash all the pink out of our cuties hair. We honestly didn't gather a lot of candy but the girls had a fabulous time trick or treating (except that they were nervous trying to go to the doors) and they loved visiting with their friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment