The hotel was pretty large and impressive when we pulled up and it took persuading from Blake to get me to head in. I always get intimidated by fancy places. Finally we got checked in and got our bags up to the room. Once there we were surprised to find out the quirks of the room. The whole bathroom was crazy. It had a lot of space but was utilized oddly. The shower was set back and wrapped by walls so that you couldn't open the shower and get in with out going under the running water. The towel rack was in the shower, so you could soak your towels then try to dry. The toilet had a very weird push button to flush and then there was a ton of room to walk around to get ready.... very strange.
Once we had checked things out we decided to go out and get some dinner. Blake did some looking around and found out that there was a highly recommended Mexican restaurant just over a block away from the hotel. I decided we should walk because I needed to stretch my legs after the drive down there. At our first light we were waiting to cross the street when we were approached by a homeless guy. He started asking if we were good then offered to trade us toiletries if we wanted any. Needless to say, I was freaked out and wanted to run but Blake was really nice and handled things well.
The Mexican restaurant we went to for dinner was amazing. Everything was freshly prepared on their grills. I was/still am addicted to it. Its call Alberto's Mexican Restaurant and I would highly recommend going and giving it a try. The food is great and the price is good.
After dinner we went back to the hotel and relaxed and watched TV. It felt so good not to have anything we had to be doing. No school, no work, no cleaning or projects or anything like that. Blake and I both were in need of the break and sucked it all in. Of course about 11 that night my pregnant tummy got hungry so we decided to walk over to the McDonalds on the corner across from the hotel (hoping not to see the homeless guy again) to get some smoothies. Little did we know we were in for another exciting adventure. This was the first McDonalds I had ever seen a security guard and signs saying that you had a half hour to eat or you could be in trouble for loitering. While in line we saw many people we were sure were on something.... twitching and freaking out. We got our smoothies and took off back to the hotel and I swore we would never go out at night again.
The next day we spent the day shopping the outlet malls for all of our needs/wants. Of course we used this opportunity to pick up clothes for our baby boy coming soon. It was so fun to be able to shop in both the girl and boy sections. I had way to much fun. After a day of shopping we headed back to have dinner at Alberto's and then headed to see Les Miserable at the Hale Theater. April got me tickets to the show as a Christmas gift this year and we were so excited to be able to use them as part of our trip. The show was absolutely amazing! Thank you April!
Saturday we spent the morning getting ready and packing. After we checked out we went to Red Robins for lunch then back to Logan to find our cute little girls. We had a great relaxing weekend but were so glad to get back to our cuties!





No comments:
Post a Comment