Labor Day weekend this year was a fun blasted extravaganza! We were invited on a weekend camping trip centered around an awesome adventure..... white water rafting! We headed up to Paris, ID Friday evening to begin our party. It has been blazing hot this summer, a lot of days record breaking, and we hadn't seen rain in weeks but of course on the eve of our rafting trip it began to rain and the wind blew. We spent the night trying to keep our tent from calapsing on our heads. With each big gust of wind Jordyn would cry but our sweet Kenlee thought it was hilarious. She would laugh and say "silly wind" or when the wind touched her face she would say "it touched my face" while laughing really hard. We couldn't help but join her in laughing so what could have been a long night turned into a great family memory.
Saturday morning started out bright and early when Blake and I headed out to drop our girls of with my Aunt Laretta. She was sweet enough to take on my little girls while we ran off to battle a river. After the group regathered we all headed to Alpine WY to raft the Snake River. Unfortunately I didn't find a waterproof camera case fast enough so I don't have pictures. This was Blake and I's first rafting trip and we LOVED it! It was really chilly but you just hold your leg in the water til your leg goes num and then paddle on. The water was pretty calm until the famous "Big Kahuna." We hit it straight on and last three of our passengers including me. Blake and I can't wait to go back again next year, it was such and amazing experience.
Sunday we spent the day recovering from the rafting trip. We went to church, snacked and lounged. While my family watched my girls, Nic & Sara, Brock & Tiffany and Blake & I went on a four wheeler ride. It started out pretty calm and then we ended up on very ruff terrain. It was so fun and we ended up so dirty!
Blake and I covered in dirt!
Tiffany's awesome raccoon dirt mask.
Kenlee and Mommy playing hula hoop.
Of course I had to catch Karlee and Colton..... sorry guys :)
Monday we cleaned up camp and headed to Bear Lake. Kenlee has been begging us to go to the beach all summer but we hadn't made it. I am so glad it finally worked out. Kenlee absolutely loved the beach. She couldn't wait to get in the water.
Our little fish with Daddy, Jordyn and Aunt Tiffany.
She would lay in the water and paddle with her hands while yelling "I am swimming with the gummy fish." I am not sure what gummy fish are but it was so stinkin' cute!
Jordyn's first dip in the lake was a little too cold for her liking.
Jordyn's little pouting lip
Thank you Ron and Liz for all the amazing fun and we can't wait to go again next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment