Daines Family 2016

Daines Family 2016

Monday, March 12, 2012

Jordyn Michele Daines

Jordyn Michele Daines was born on March 4th at 10:08pm.  She weighed 8lbs 11oz and was 20.5ins long.  She has tons of dark hair just like her sister.  

For about two weeks my doctor really tried to see if she could get me to go into labor on my own but since that never worked out they induced me on the 4th.  I was really nerves because I didn't know what to expect but excited because I didn't have to go overdue this time.  I called the hospital at 6 am and they told me it was busy so they probably would not be able to get me in til noon.  I tried to go back to sleep ( I hadn't really slept all night just because I was nervous).  Blake and I had dropped Kenlee off with my parents the night before because we didn't know what time they would be able to get us in and then she could just get up and go to church with Grandma and Grandpa.  Blake and I slowly got ready and waited for the call.  At about 11:30 I called up to see how things were progressing with their schedule in Labor and Delivery and they nurse told me to head up.  I didn't have my hair done yet so I scrambled to finish getting ready and we headed to the hospital.  It took a little while to get all the paper work done but they finally came in and broke my water at about 1:30.  Things didn't start progressing on there own so they started a pit drip and we went from there.  It was so much easier this time around.  I didn't get nauseous with my contractions and I was able to hold out til I was dilated to a 5 before I got my epidural. I was in labor for about 8.5 hours and only pushed for 20 mins. 





 This is Jordyn's coming home outfit.  We came home from the hospital at 10:45pm on the 5th so no one really got to see her outfit but because she just wore it home I was able to dress her in it for people to see the next day.
Kenlee LOVES her baby sister.  She is such a little mommy.  Every time that Jordyn cries Kenlee has to go and get her bottle or binky or something to sooth her. She always drags people in to where the baby is and says "want to see my baby."  She is such a great big sister.

We are so grateful to have Jordyn join our family and can't wait to watch her grow.  Thank you to all our family and friends who have been so helpful and supportive. We love you.

1 comment: